Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20 - Sleeping Beauty

Today I was trying to use my pointers from Nick Kelsh - How to Photograph Your Baby. I want to learn how to use my camera without the flash indoors. Any hints would be great!  There is always some kind of motion even when I use the tripod!




















Not too bad.  Shae-lyn was just getting ready to take her afternoon nap. So she was a willing subject and even gave me a couple of smiles.....!

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! To not use your flash try to find a room with a lot of light. Even if its just a little it will help. Use a open aperture and set your focus point. The more open the aperture the more light it will light in. If you need to increase your ISO so the shutter speed will go up. You need to figure out what the highest ISO setting is you can go to without getting a lot of grain in the picture. I can usually get to about 800 before I get a lot of noise but it depends on the camera. And A little noise from a high ISO is better than not getting the picture at all :)

    ReplyDelete