Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 107 - The Seizure


















This is how I left them on what would turn out to be the scariest day of my life so far! I picked Ashleigh up from a friends and went to do some grocery shopping.  When the phone rang, I didn't think much of it.  Until I heard Dans voice on the other end, telling me I had to get home right away.  I made him tell me what was wrong...I figured someone had fallen and was bleeding....but the words that I heard made my heart sink. Shae-lyn is not breathing get home now! I don't really remember the ride home.  All I could think about is if my little girl would be alive when I got there.  Needless to say...I was extremely frightened!  I got home at the same time as the firetrucks and ambulance arrived! Good news...she is breathing.  She had a seizure and stopped breathing for about 2 minutes.  They got her on the oxygen and away we went to the hospital.  She still wasn't herself. But I felt better because we had people taking care of her who knew what they were doing.  Once we got to the hospital, they did tests to determine what was causing it.  It was determined that the seizure was fever induced and that she had pneumonia for the second time in 2 months.  Taking after her big brother.  She got to go home, but we pumped her full of Tylenol to make sure her fever didn't spike. She's doing good now...hopefully we never experience this again.  Dan did a great job of taking care of his little girl without losing it....I don't think I could have done it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god Vicki. I am so glad she is okay! And I have no doubt that you would have been able to handle it had you been home at the time. :)

    I hope you never have to go through anything like that again. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete